Saturday, April 30, 2011

[HatchedDesignForum] Re: New size CD

 

Hi Gail!

I copied the designs I had on floppies over to CDs so I could transport them
to the newer computer I had gotten (Vista laptop with no floppy drive).
Over time, with the price of USB sticks coming down as they've become more
popular, I can't remember the last time I used a floppy disk. Now I have a
Windows 7 laptop (which I absolutely love!), so I just transport files on
USB sticks from one computer to another. Like you, even though I rarely use
it any more, I can't seem to part with my XP desktop. I tell myself that
it's because it's hooked up to my laser printer, which is a thousand times
more cost effective when I need to do a lot of printing, but being honest
with myself, since I've never tried hooking up either of my laptops, I don't
know that I couldn't get one (or both) of them to work with my laser
printer. Really, it's more about convenience since my desktop is hardwired
to 3 of my printers all the time, whereas I have to go to the trouble of
arranging a space to set up a laptop and hook up the cable to the printer I
need (which consistently ends up being the one that is most expensive to use
because it's the easiest to hook up.lol). I guess my point is, I think it is
easier to make the transition by choice, rather than wait until there's a
hardware failure or manufacturer obsolescence because you've got the former
system as a backup plan as you transition through the changes. J

Hth,

Cindy, who is a computer junky and still can bring herself to part with her
old Windows 98 workstation and desktop from her kids growing up, and only
parted with her Windows 95 computer because her DH gave it to their son for
college. ;-)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
WWW.HATCHEDEMBFUN.COM  The new site for redwork/colorwork designs!

SIGN UP FOR AllSorts List by sending an email to:  allsortsdesigns-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

SIGN UP FOR the HIA Special Events List to see Event photos, send an email to HIASpecialEvents-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
TO VIEW PHOTOS:   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HIASpecialEvents/

Click here to go to the main page:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HatchedDesignForum/

List MODERATORS: Alice,Cheryl,Elaine, Elta Kay (EK), Erica , Martha, Pat, Sue

List MODERATORS: Please contact the moderators at:
hatcheddesignforum-owner@yahoogroups.com

Hatched in Africa - http://www.hatchedinafrica.com
All Sorts -  http://www.allsortsembdesigns.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment