If your client has paid host (and should), the site management tool
(cPanel?) will have eCommerce package(s) ready to install and customize.
Accepting Credit Cards will require paying for a secure server (https://)
and a SSL Certificate (see VeriSign). You also can set up to use alternate
Payment Gateways like PayPal which eliminates the secure server and SSL
Certificate requirement.
Payment Gateways:
6 Payment Gateways Reviewed: http://www.sitepoint
com/article/money-where-mouse-is-gateways/
Ecommerce Payment Gateway Primer: http://www.websitepublisher
net/article/payment-gateway/
What You Should Ask A Payment Gateway Provider: http://michellenewman
wordpress.com/2007/07/19/what-you-should-ask-a-payment-gateway-provider/
35 Free High-Quality E-Commerce Templates: http://www.smashingmagazine
com/2009/01/25/35-free-high-quality-e-commerce-templates/
Ron
-------Original Message-------
From: Joni Mueller
Date: 5/21/2012 8:36:19 PM
To: web-design@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [web-design] Client Help
Lately even more than normal, WP is subject to lots of hacks. If you or your
client aren't willing to update, and update frequently, especially when
security updates are made available, I would suggest using CMS Made Simple
and CalGuy's ecommerce module.
We are using that to build a gourmet fish site and it's working beautifully.
And the guy who created the ecommerce module is a core dev for CMSMS so I
rest a bit easier knowing he's got his eye on things.
Just my two.
Joni Mueller
Pixelita Designs
http://www.pixelita.com
________________________________________
From: web-design@yahoogroups.com [web-design@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
laospranaman [eadmati@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:58 AM
To: web-design@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [web-design] Client Help
Hi,
I have a potential client, a chef, who I've worked with before. I contacted
him recently, and he told me he would like:
- to have his website updated
- have better SEO visibility - seems he's not showing up on searches
- to allow clients to place their own orders via a shipping cart
- email marketing. does not want to pay Constant Contact's fees.
He's also looking for some sort of program or app that will allow
subscribe/unsubscribe options
- to pare down his 900 outlook contacts to only ones that are interested in
his services
I can update his site - I know WordPress and Concrete5.
I am new to SEO. I know someone who can help.
The last ones - especially the shopping cart and email marketing, I really
haven't done that.
Is WP the way to go? The rest - any ideas?
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
web-design@yahoogroups.com is sponsored, owned, and founded by Technogypsie Designs (formerly Wandering Leaf Designs)
~etching your presence on the web
leafworks@yahoo.com
To unsubscribe or change your settings:
Please go to http://www.yahoogroups.com
- login, - choose group to modify, - change to unsubscribe,
web only, digest, or single post mode
By email: send a email from your email address receiving this
post to web-design-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment