Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Re: [HatchedDesignForum] Ice Cream cone Quilt

 

Geri,
You are just too funny! I can picture the ice cream cones melting. :-)

I am not familiar with the Sharon Pederson method. How does it differ from
traditional borders and bindings?

Where are you moving?

Barbara (Grammy Lu) in MA

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Geraldine DeBoer <gerideboer@gci.net>wrote:

> **
>
>
> Thank you, Grammy LU,
>
> I showed it to an artist friend and ask her opinion about borders. She said
> oh any of the pinwheel colors would do. She suggested blue because it would
> be calming. I auditioned the blue and DGD was watching. She laughed and
> said "Grandma NOTHING you do is going to make tis quilt calm. It is
> exciting and whimsical and needs a whimsical color and she picked orange. I
> went with orange and thought it was melting my ice cream cones so I put the
> green on the top and bottom borders to cool it off and the cones stopped
> melting hah
>
> Geri inanchorage
>
>
> Geri,
> You definitely should make an ice cream quilt for yourself! It's so full
> of cheerfulness and joy. I love the mixture of the ice cream cones with the
> pinwheels. Great idea and great execution!
> Barbara (Grammy Lu) in MA
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
WWW.HATCHEDEMBFUN.COM  The new site for redwork/colorwork designs!

SIGN UP FOR AllSorts List by sending an email to:  allsortsdesigns-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

SIGN UP FOR the HIA Special Events List to see Event photos, send an email to HIASpecialEvents-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
TO VIEW PHOTOS:   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HIASpecialEvents/

Click here to go to the main page:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HatchedDesignForum/

List MODERATORS: Alice,Cheryl,Elaine, Elta Kay (EK), Erica , Martha, Pat, Sue

List MODERATORS: Please contact the moderators at:
hatcheddesignforum-owner@yahoogroups.com

Hatched in Africa - http://www.hatchedinafrica.com
All Sorts -  http://www.allsortsembdesigns.com
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment