Thank you, Jo, Janet, and Sue for your kind words and for taking the time
to look at the photos.
I don't post a lot of photos, but I really wanted to share these because
the dress did come out so well.
I did learn one very valuable lesson in doing the cut work. I used Sulky's
new sticky Fabri-Solvy. I thought this would be a good choice so that I
wouldn't get any wrinkles or bubbles in the fabric. It was a great choice
for that. The fabric stuck extremely well and there were no wrinkles in the
fabric. The Fabri-Solvy also washed out very easily and I only needed to
use one layer.
However, herein lies the problem: the fabric stuck so well to the
stabilizer that it was very difficult to lift the fabric off the stabilizer
to do the cutwork. As a result, I had a lot of little threads that stuck to
the Fabri-Solvy. After everything was washed out, I had to go back and
recut many of the openings to get rid of the little whispies. I also tried
cutting through the stabilizer and then floating another piece of plain
Vilene underneath. Although this method works, I didn't like it as well
because it was too easy to cut through the initial marking stitches since I
was using white thread on white fabric. Next time, I will just spray the
fabric and stick it to Vilene. Lesson learned. :-)
Barbara (Grammy Lu) in MA
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Jo <gko@wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> **
>
>
> Barbara,
> Your granddaughter's Communion dress is beautiful.
> Jo in MI
>
>
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
SIGN UP FOR AllSorts List by sending an email to: allsortsdesigns-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
SIGN UP FOR the HIA Special Events List to see Event photos, send an email to HIASpecialEvents-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
TO VIEW PHOTOS: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HIASpecialEvents/
Click here to go to the main page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HatchedDesignForum/
List MODERATORS: Alice,Cheryl,Elaine, Elta Kay (EK), Erica , Martha, Pat, Sue
List MODERATORS: Please contact the moderators at:
hatcheddesignforum-owner@yahoogroups.com
Hatched in Africa - http://www.hatchedinafrica.com
All Sorts - http://www.allsortsembdesigns.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment