Monday, January 9, 2012

Re: [Finding_Designs] (unknown)

 

two things that helped me was reading groups like this and taking a class!
I purchased a Topaz 30 a year ago, and while I've been sewing since I was
a child it was mostly clothing and quilting. The biggest mystery for me
wasn't so much the designs as the stabilizers that you need! Seriously, in
the past you purchase a spool of thread, a pattern and you're in business!
The 'other best advice' is to not be afraid of making mistakes. I found
some fabric white end cuts which I didn't mind throwing away if it wasn't so
hot and a few shirts from a thrift store. If the design works on those
it's great if not that shirt cost a few bucks! Funny I still wear one of
those shirts ........ another not so much! There are also a ton of free
designs out there, most will be wonderful and a good way to get your feet wet!
My best advice on that is to try a few free designs, you'll notice some
come from people who sell wonderful designs you'll want to purchase in the
future. If the free design stitches up great then you're confident that the
purchased design will also! On the flip side I downloaded a darling design
that no one could ever stitch, far to dense and well I stitched it out but
not without it being a real pain .......... hence no way in heck would I
purchase a SET of those dumb things!

Marge


In a message dated 1/9/2012 8:32:38 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
hyatt.regina@ymail.com writes:

Hi,
Having just purchsed the Singer Futura Quartet in December, I'm a newbie
to machine embroidery. I am interested in developing my skills so that I
might possibly sell finished projects in the future. So, any guidance from
the members, on the process to help shorten my learning curve will be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Regina

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Important List Addresses:

Post message: Finding_Designs@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  Finding_Designs-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe:  Finding_Designs-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner:  Finding_Designs-owner@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment