Hi Sue:
The pattern is called Snap Happy! from Stitchin' Sisters. www.stitchinsis@aol.com.
The idea is to make a purse that would usually have a drawstring and put a metal tape
in place of the drawstring. Then when you open and close it: it SNAPS and makes a charming noise that leaves people trying to guess what is in your purse! Loads of fun!
Lucky in So. Calif
--- On Mon, 9/26/11, sueron@yadtel.net <sueron@yadtel.net> wrote:
From: sueron@yadtel.net <sueron@yadtel.net>
Subject: [HatchedDesignForum] Metal Measuring Tapes from Dollar Store
To: HatchedDesignForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, September 26, 2011, 9:28 AM
Hi Gail,
I must have missed something....what do you use those metal measuring tapes for other than to measure? How can you use them for a closure? I've often thought that I should glue one on to my shirt when sewing or working on project because they never stay where I put them. My Hubby uses those clodhopper size yellow monsters that must weigh a pound or two. When I try to borrow his, he can't find it either. I usually have one of the cloth retractable (little round plastic with button in middle) that stays in my purse.
When it stops raining and the ground is dry, DH will go out to look for some "gnarled vines" for me to use in next project. I intend to use these for small wallhangings, the vines will be the hangers and embroidered patchwork for the actual piece. Did this with small driftwood and beach birds for coastal home.
Also I want to quilt my Fairyland quilt. The top has been finished for over 1 1/2 yrs but haven't been able to start hand quilting and not experienced enough with machine quilting to do this big quilt. I have all kinds of projects in mind so if we all stay healthy, we will be busy!! Sue Long in NC
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
SIGN UP FOR AllSorts List by sending an email to: allsortsdesigns-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
SIGN UP FOR the HIA Special Events List to see Event photos, send an email to HIASpecialEvents-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
TO VIEW PHOTOS: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HIASpecialEvents/
Click here to go to the main page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HatchedDesignForum/
List MODERATORS: Alice,Cheryl,Elaine, Elta Kay (EK), Erica , Martha, Pat, Sue
List MODERATORS: Please contact the moderators at:
hatcheddesignforum-owner@yahoogroups.com
Hatched in Africa - http://www.hatchedinafrica.com
All Sorts - http://www.allsortsembdesigns.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment