Sue DH went to the $ store while I had my hair cut and colored and brought back several 60" metal measuring tapes. you wrap duct tape around the tape so it doesn't go back into the case a couple of inches past where you are going to cut it. I roll my cut edges once so they won't cut or stab me, slip it through the casing and then hand stitch my casing closed at the place where I inserted the tape measure. Perfect for a small bag and it slips in the drawer so easily and not thrown on the shelf in the closet.
You used to buy closures for purses you made from McGehee but I haven't looked for them in years since I figured this way out.
These come with a slide on slip also and you can make them yours (all YOURS LOL) by making a little slip cover for one and hanging it on the wall with a thumb tack (providing you have the right kind of walls) and never loose track of it.
hugs Gail in Arizona
http://www.picturetrails.com/aquilter
http://www.picturetrails.com/starquilter
----- Original Message -----
From: <sueron@yadtel.net>
To: <HatchedDesignForum@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 9:28 AM
Subject: [HatchedDesignForum] Metal Measuring Tapes from Dollar Store
> Hi Gail,
> I must have missed something....what do you use those metal measuring tapes for other than to measure? How can you use them for a closure? I've often thought that I should glue one on to my shirt when sewing or working on project because they never stay where I put them. My Hubby uses those clodhopper size yellow monsters that must weigh a pound or two. When I try to borrow his, he can't find it either. I usually have one of the cloth retractable (little round plastic with button in middle) that stays in my purse.
> When it stops raining and the ground is dry, DH will go out to look for some "gnarled vines" for me to use in next project. I intend to use these for small wallhangings, the vines will be the hangers and embroidered patchwork for the actual piece. Did this with small driftwood and beach birds for coastal home.
> Also I want to quilt my Fairyland quilt. The top has been finished for over 1 1/2 yrs but haven't been able to start hand quilting and not experienced enough with machine quilting to do this big quilt. I have all kinds of projects in mind so if we all stay healthy, we will be busy!! Sue Long in NC
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> WWW.HATCHEDEMBFUN.COM The new site for redwork/colorwork designs!
>
> SIGN UP FOR AllSorts List by sending an email to: allsortsdesigns-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> SIGN UP FOR the HIA Special Events List to see Event photos, send an email to HIASpecialEvents-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
> TO VIEW PHOTOS: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HIASpecialEvents/
>
> Click here to go to the main page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HatchedDesignForum/
>
> List MODERATORS: Alice,Cheryl,Elaine, Elta Kay (EK), Erica , Martha, Pat, Sue
>
> List MODERATORS: Please contact the moderators at:
> hatcheddesignforum-owner@yahoogroups.com
>
> Hatched in Africa - http://www.hatchedinafrica.com
> All Sorts - http://www.allsortsembdesigns.comYahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
SIGN UP FOR AllSorts List by sending an email to: allsortsdesigns-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
SIGN UP FOR the HIA Special Events List to see Event photos, send an email to HIASpecialEvents-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
TO VIEW PHOTOS: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HIASpecialEvents/
Click here to go to the main page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HatchedDesignForum/
List MODERATORS: Alice,Cheryl,Elaine, Elta Kay (EK), Erica , Martha, Pat, Sue
List MODERATORS: Please contact the moderators at:
hatcheddesignforum-owner@yahoogroups.com
Hatched in Africa - http://www.hatchedinafrica.com
All Sorts - http://www.allsortsembdesigns.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment