Tuesday, July 16, 2013

[web-design] Re: Fluid Web Design


Perhaps my understanding of the terms is not text-book. I consider a responsive design as one that uses media queries, and a fluid (or flexible) design as one that uses percentages for height and width instead of px. I was talking about the later.

--- In web-design@yahoogroups.com, Joni Mueller <joni@...> wrote:
> Don't you mean responsive design? Fluid design is a different animal. :)
> Joni Mueller
> 713.703.2553
> www.pixelita.com
> Follow me on Twitter: @pixelitadesigns
> ________________________________________
> From: web-design@yahoogroups.com [web-design@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of goon70056 [goon70056@...]
> Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 1:30 PM
> To: web-design@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [web-design] Fluid Web Design
> I have been playing around with fluid web designs lately. I believe I almost have it down, but the one thing I can not figure out is how to get text to resize with a shift in window size. Can't seem to find a good tutorial on this; all I keep coming across is media queries, which I am trying to avoid, as as I almost positive there has to be a way to accomplish test re-sizing without queries. Thanks in advance.

Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
web-design@yahoogroups.com is sponsored, owned, and founded by Technogypsie Designs (formerly Wandering Leaf Designs)
~etching your presence on the web  

To unsubscribe or change your settings:
Please go to http://www.yahoogroups.com
- login, - choose group to modify, - change to unsubscribe,
web only, digest, or single post mode
By email: send a email from your email address receiving this
post to web-design-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



Post a Comment